How do you know that I generated this violation or toll?
- This notice was sent based upon information provided to us, as the registered owner of the vehicle, from a municipality or toll road authority. The information - based on the date, time and vehicle - indicates that you were the renter. If this information is incorrect, please contact us using the Appeals Form.
Can you send me the actual violation or toll notice?
- The letter we sent you includes details about the date and time as well as the location of the incident. However, since we typically receive only electronic notifications - which reduce processing expenses and time delays - paper copies of tickets or violations generally, are not available.
Why am I being charged now after my rental period has ended?
- We depend on government and toll agencies for all information related to tolls and other violations. In most cases, that takes one to four weeks - although, in some circumstances, it may take even longer.
- Our goal is to notify you so that you are alerted as soon as possible. Under the terms and conditions in your rental agreement, you are responsible for all costs, fines, violations and tolls - as well as an administrative fee we charge for processing and billing.
I had my personal transponder in my vehicle, so why am I being billed?
Why have I received a letter directly from local authorities about a violation or toll?
- In some locations, National works with local authorities to transfer liability for violations and tolls to the responsible car rental customer. When this occurs, customers pay for their violations or tolls directly to the local authorities. However, our standard administrative fee still applies.