Is there a fee to return the vehicle to a different location? Are there some one ways that are not allowed?
National Car Rental does offer the flexibility for you to rent a vehicle at one location and return it to another one.
Depending on the location, date, and/or vehicle:
- A one-time drop charge or mileage charge maybe be added to the rental. This is also known as an 'inter-city' fee.
- If there is a drop charge fee, it will be disclosed when you book via the web site and is payable at time of pick up.
- The rental rate to go one way may also be higher than if returning to the same location the car was picked up at.
- Rentals that are returned within the same city could be subject to a drop charge, mileage charge, or higher rate
- Certain one-way rentals are not allowed
- If you are currently in a rental, before taking your rental vehicle from one country to another, please see rules for authorized driving areas
Making a reservation in advance is the best way to find out if National has a one way rental that will meet your needs. It will also let you know if there are any extra charges associated with this type of rental. If you'd like to make a reservation now, click here