Is there a fee to return the vehicle to a different location? (Renting a car one way)
National Car Rental offers flexible one-way car rental, which allows you to rent a vehicle at one location and return it to another one.
Depending on the location, date, and/or vehicle:
- A one-time drop charge or mileage charge may be be added to the rental. This is also known as an 'inter-city' fee. It will disclosed when you book via the website and is payable at time of pick up.
- The rental rate to go one way may also be higher than if returning to the same location the car was picked up at.
- Rentals that are returned within the same city could be subject to a drop charge, mileage charge, or higher rate
- Certain one-way rentals are not allowed
- If you are currently in a rental, before taking your rental vehicle from one country to another, please see rules for authorized driving areas
Making a reservation in advance is the best way to find out if National has a one way rental that will meet your needs. It will also let you know if there are any extra charges associated with this type of rental.